Thursday 16 February 2012

One, Two (poem)


Click link for audio version
http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11443838&q=hi&newref=1

I spit lethal, exciting the people
1 movie, 1 take 1 shot no sequel
You see, the Master of the universe gave me 1 chance
To put my stamp on this earth and make everyone dance
It’s sorta like 1 nation under a groove
It’s 2 bad this whole earth can’t do the same thing 2
And spread 1 love all across 1 planet
Now that’s true peace but can anyone understand it?
Or are we 2 caught up in individual needs
Cuz 2 can never eat if 1 is filled with greed
And if 1 can’t see past his own selfish ambition
Its 2 late 2 come together, 1 is only left wishing
But if everyone can teach 1 then everyone can reach 1
But if none are qualified to teach then in the end we reach none
It’s like, you could give a man a fish and he’ll eat for a day
Teach that same man how to fish and he’ll feed his fam along the way
Can you dig it?! Mic check 1, 2
As long as life is in my veins I realize I can’t lose
Cause you see, 1, 2 many times I’ve quit
Now I’m 2 close for comfort got me feeling this is it
Cause what if this is my 1 chance to shine
If you know like I know, opportunity knocks but 1 time
And if that 1 time she knocks and you don’t answer
She ain’t coming back, you can call but she won’t answer
I guess it’s that whole, once bitten twice shy
And 1 is guaranteed to fall if 1 is 2 afraid 2 fly
It’s 2 soon, it’s 2 hard, it’s 2 tough, it’s 2 late
It’s 2 cold, I’m 2 tired, the task is 2 great
There’s 2 many excuses, 2 many chances lost
But for me not 2 try, that is 2 great a cost
You see, I can’t go down 2 my grave
Knowing I played it 2 safe with the 1 chance that God gave
I mean, look at music, look at anything under the sun
Even James Brown knew you got to play it on the 1
It’s 1 journey, 1 life, 1 love, 1 people
1 movie, 1 take, 1 shot no sequel
1, 2

No comments:

Post a Comment