Saturday 17 December 2011

At it again

It's always a great feeling to revisit crafts, hobbies or ideas that were once predominant in our lives.
 It's such a cool perspective to look at these things with the advantage of time and space.

I remember when I first got into rapping as a youth and the sheer joy I got from just doing it. Without regard for album sales, or popularity or anything like that, just the doing. I got such a joy out of that. As I got a little older, my view got clouded and the business side of things took on it's necessary importance. But what I forgot about was the enjoyment that I first had when I began rapping. I've found lately that the feeling has returned and I once again just love to rap and sing and record for the love of the craft.

As a gospel hip hop artist I had great success, as an underground artist I had great success and now I enjoy just making music outside of the boundaries of labelling what I do. It's very rewarding when you learn to create without judgement, there's a freedom that comes with it. I find the songs that I write and record now have an inherent fun that I was missing for a while. So as titled, I'm back at it again. For the love. For the craft. For the true soul of the song.

May you also find the joy that you once felt in your: craft, hobby, relationships, job and more importantly, in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment